Subscribe:

Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Disappearing Act.

I dropped off the face of the earth, and I can't apologize enough. You can call it stress or anxiety, but the truth of the matter is that I couldn't write what I wanted to write...

So. I just stopped writing all together.

Part of growing up is realizing when you must keep your mouth shut. Knowing when it is appropriate to share, and when it is more important to reflect in silence.

I've written the same story over and over to myself for the past month and a half. I write it in narrative form, in letter form, in bullet points and non-fiction sci-fi, but the truth of the matter is that it is not a story that I can share.

Silence is better than incessant chatter that means nothing, and so I abandoned my blog. I abandoned my pen. I stopped thinking in stories and morals and I simply immersed myself in everything that had nothing to do with me.

And, I'm stressed. And, I'm tired. And...my relationship with my faith has faded into the background of the blurry actions surrounding me.

It's time to start writing again. The silence was necessary. I protected myself and someone that I love dearly by learning the art of censorship, and now I can continue my growth as a writer and a Christian.

Welcome back, friends. Welcome back, Katey.

Let's write.

No comments:

Post a Comment